Since 1959, Delta General Agency has focused on providing a wide variety of products for our independent agency partners. The marketing team works in conjunction with underwriters to communicate its capabilities and the appetites of our carriers. They also recruit, contract and train new agents and attend industry functions. The relationships with contracted independent insurance agents is the key to our longevity and success in the insurance industry.
Represent Delta - Qualifying Criteria
Criteria for Agencies to Represent Delta General Agency Corporation:
- Agency should represent at least one full service “across the board” admitted carrier.
- Agency has been in business for at least three years.
- Agency commits to produce at least $25,000 premium with Delta General Agency per year.
- Agency has a part-time or full-time accountant or uses accounting software.
- Agency carries Errors and Omissions Coverage and provides us with a Declaration Page as evidence of the coverage. A minimum of one million per claim limit and one million annual aggregate limit is acceptable.
- Agency Principals must authorize Delta General Agency Corp. to procure an investigative consumer report, regarding the individual and/or the insurance agency. See “Disclosure for use of Consumer Reports and Investigative Consumer Reports” for further information.
- Delta General Agency Corp. represents American Bankers Insurance Co., a “Write-Your-Own” Flood Insurance Carrier. The Federal Government, through the National Flood Insurance Program is a guarantor of all flood insurance policies issued under this program. We ask newly appointed agencies to place flood business with American Bankers Insurance Co.
- Agency will submit a photocopy of your Agency License; if operating as a D/B/A or additional location, include confirmation proving that the name or location is registered with the Texas Department of Insurance.
- Submit all items listed in the Application Submission Checklist. Signatures required on the Agency Information Form and Information for Processing of Background Screen Reports.
New Agency Application
To expedite becoming a new Delta agency, please complete our online application. New Agency Application
Resume in progress Agency Application
If you have a application in progress, click here to Resume Agency Application.
Marketing Program Staff
Vice President Marketing
- Direct Line: 713-570-2751
- Direct Line: 713-570-2790